COVID-19 Measures and Guidelines
Before traveling to Oaxaca and its communities, please be aware of the following recommendations in order to take care of yourself and those around you. Stay informed, be prepared and follow the advice of your local public health authority.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please follow these measures before and during your trip:
- Wash your hands frequently using soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub (Our team can provide it.)
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5 meters with every person.
- Wear a mask when visiting communities, artisan’s workshops, galleries, restaurants, shops, churches, historical sites, archaeological sites, etc. When you wear a mask, you protect others as well as yourself.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you are wearing a mask, you can cough or sneeze into your mask. Put on a new, clean mask as soon as possible and wash your hands.
- If you are not wearing a mask, always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or use the inside of your elbow and do not spit.
- Be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19. If you are not feeling well, stay home or at your accommodation.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention immediately (we are happy to support you and connect you with the local health authority).
Everyone has a role to play. The actions you take will protect you and others and will prevent the spread of viruses and other infections. Thank you for being in solidarity with local regulations and with the population of Oaxaca.