Epic Hike on Ancient Trail, LACHATAO
Guided Hike: 16 km / Fitness level: Difficult / Group Size: Up to 10 people
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We meet at 8:00 AM in Macedonio Alcalá 802, Centro, Oaxaca de Juárez, Oaxaca, ring the bell ‘’A’’, between Bicibella and Café Punto Paz.
Don’t miss hiking in the Sierra Norte region of Oaxaca. Its vast territory has many trails of different levels, we will choose our favorite one to offer you in this full-day experience that will be the highlight of your trip. The Camino Real, a 18 km (11 miles) hike along an ancient trail that connects two towns that belong to these beautiful mountains. In pre-Hispanic times, Mesoamerica was connected by commerce routes, and one of these routes connected the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific, via Oaxaca. This path was part of that route. You will feel the history as you walk the trail; the ancient vegetation, the mystic moss, and the old abandoned shacks will make you feel like traveling back in time.
The Camino Real hike is a great way to experience the ancient vegetation of the Oaxaca region, it is like visiting a type of forest you didn’t know existed. We will be able to dip in the clean refreshing water of a river, a few miles before arriving at our destination. Connecting with the local community is an integral part of this experience. Therefore, we work with local guides and individuals throughout the day.
The hike finishes at the Cerro del Jaguar (Jaguar Mountain), for a beautiful sunset and an opportunity to contemplate this Sacred space. Join us on this epic experience that also includes exquisite food that will fuel you throughout this journey.
Outdoor activities carry risks, and you may be exposed to dangerous situations as part of this experience. Make sure you can participate safely given your abilities and the conditions (such as location, weather, and equipment).
8:00 Transportation to Sierra Norte
10:45 Arrive to Latuvi
11:30 Start to hiking
13:00 Brake for lunch
16:30 Swim in the river
17:30 Arrive to Lachatao
18:30 Dinner in Lachatao
19:30 Return to Oaxaca City
– Certified guide
– Drinks: Water, Coffee, Tea, hot chocolate
– Breakfast: Memelas, quesadillas, eggs, hot chocolate, coffee
– Lunch: Vegetable soup, mole, tlayudas, beef, chicken and refreshments (vegan and vegetarian options will be available)
– Dinner: Truchas, Memelas, quesadillas, tlayudas, hot chocolate, coffee
– Trail Mix: Organic snacks
– Access to protected natural areas
– Make it private just for your party with the private charter
– Don’t see your desired date available? Please contact us! We will do our best to make special arrangements for you!
– Please, **check the weather
I love to travel
Out of the Box
Need more info?
Send us a message