SAN GABRIEL, ETLA: IMMERSE YOURSELF IN THE LOCAL CELEBRATIONS OF DAY OF THE DEAD
Guided Experience / Fitness level: Easy / Group Size: Up to 10 people
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We meet at 7:00 AM in Macedonio Alcalá 802, Centro, Oaxaca de Juárez, Oaxaca, ring the bell ‘’A’’, between Bicibella and Café Punto Paz
You are hiking and swiming! It is a spectacular route in the community of Santiago Apoala. At first, we are walking through the streets of a very small town (150 people) before joining the trail next to the river, then we go downstairs to reach the main waterfall where we cool off, later we come to a pool where we can swim and dive, the trail has lots of views, incredible flowers and more than 3 opportunities to jump and swim, we will have our picnic on a very unique spot next to a hidden waterfall. There are approximately 600 m of descent through the trails that later we will have to return along a path that goes between cornfields and avocado plantations. On our return, we walk next to the spring and enter the Peñas Gemelas canyon. In total hiking is 9 km, intermediate difficulty – advanced.
Outdoor activities carry risks, and you may be exposed to dangerous situations as part of this experience. Make sure you can participate safely given your abilities and the conditions (such as location, weather, and equipment).
7:00 Transportation to Apoala
9:30 Llegada a Apoala / Check in
9:45 Intro / Hiking to the main waterfall and the pools
12:00 Pic nic
12:30 Hiking uphill
14:00 Peñas Gemelas Trail – Visit to the canyon
16:00 Driving to Oaxaca
– Certified guide
– Drinks: Water, coffee, tea
– Breakfast: Fruit, memelas, hot chocolate and coffee
– Lunch: Vegetable soup, tostadas and refreshments (vegan and vegetarian options will be available)
– Trail Mix: Organic snacks
– Access to protected natural areas
– Make it private just for your party with the private charter
– Don’t see your desired date available? Please contact us! We will do our best to make special arrangements for you!
– Please, check the weather.
I love to travel
Out of the Box
Need more info?
Send us a message